A low-cost, 3-D, 360 degree surveillance radar ideal for detecting and tracking all types of aircraft, such as drones, ultralights, helicopters and airplanes.
The LSTAR® family of air surveillance radars provides 360 degree, 3-D electronic scanning capabilities for detecting and tracking the most difficult airborne targets. These radars reliably detect and track unmanned aircraft systems (also known as unmanned aerial vehicles, or UAVs, and often referred to by the media as drones), fixed and rotary wing aircraft, such as ultralights, paragliders and hang gliders. The LSTAR systems are ideal sensors for border air surveillance, critical infrastructure protection, local airspace management, UAS airspace integration (also known as UAS sense-and-avoid) and wind farm applications.
The LSTAR family of air surveillance radars all share the following benefits:
- Network ready, using standard ASTERIX, DDS or custom interfaces
- Ideal for integrated solutions such as cueing a thermal imaging camera
- Full remote, unattended operation
- Low maintenance and lifecycle costs
- High mean time between failure
- Easily transportable with rapid, unobtrusive emplacement
LSTAR Radar Models
- LSTAR (V)2 radar (View product overview sheet)
For applications where there is minimum infrastructure available. It is the smallest, lightest, least expensive LSTAR system.
- LSTAR (V)3 radar (View product overview sheet)
For applications where better performance is necessary and slightly more infrastructure is available
LSTAR Air Surveillance Software
The LSTAR air surveillance software is included in the price of an LSTAR radar.
SRC also offers owners of the AN/TPQ-49 and AN/TPQ-50 radar platforms with the ability to purchase software that provides air surveillance or avian surveillance capabilities. Learn more about the LSTAR and BSTAR software.
The LSTAR radars can be configured with a variety of optional subsystems.
In the news
Return to previous page