There is no other counterfire radar in the world as small, light, and affordable as the LCMR.
The Lightweight Counter-Mortar Radar (LCMR) family of systems provides continuous 3-D, 360-degree surveillance and 3-D rocket, artillery and mortar location using a non-rotating, electronically steered antenna. The radars perform with a track-while-scan capability allowing for the simultaneous detection and tracking of multiple threats fired from separate locations. Once a RAM threat is detected, the radar sends an early warning message indicating that a round is incoming. After sufficient data is collected to enable an accurate point of origin, the weapon’s location is reported back for a counterfire response from any integrated system.
Today, more than 600 LCMR systems are used by the U.S. and its Allies, making it the most widely fielded counterfire radar in the world. These lifesaving system share the following benefits:
- Low lifecycle cost
- Unattended remote operation
- Easily transportable with rapid emplacement in challenging locations
- Ruggedized with no moving parts for minimal maintenance
- Rooftop, tower, tripod or vehicle mountable
- Network ready for integration with FAAD network
- Capable of fulfilling multiple missions simultaneously
LCMR Counterfire Radar Models
- AN/TPQ-50 Counterfire Radar (View product overview sheet)
Builds upon the success and the AN/TPQ-49 and adapted to fulfill multiple missions. Offers detection of incoming RAM from low quadrant elevations and a more accurate POI calculation from greater distances.
- AN/TPQ-49 Counterfire Radar (View product overview sheet)
Designed for use by expeditionary forces, this lightweight radar can be assembled or disassembled by two soldiers in 20 minutes.
LSTAR® / BSTAR™ Software
SRC offers software that provides owners of the AN/TPQ-49 and AN/TPQ-50
radar platforms with air surveillance or avian surveillance capabilities. Learn more about the LSTAR and BSTAR software.
In the news
Return to previous page