The FOPEN Reconnaissance, Surveillance, Tracking and Engagement Radar is an airborne radar system that provides stand-off, persistent, wide-area surveillance for situational awareness of foliage covered areas. FORESTER is one-of-a-kind technology providing the warfighter with real-time, all-weather, day-night target detection and tracking capability for actionable intelligence. The system was designed and developed by SRC under sponsorship from DARPA, the U.S. Army and USSOCOM. It has been successfully tested for use on manned or unmanned helicopters.
- Stand-off, persistent, wide-area FOPEN surveillance
- All-weather, day/night detection
- UHF GMTI / AMTI / SAR capability
- Real-time, onboard processing
- 360-degree surveillance coverage with electronic beam steering to search a 90-degree sector
In the news
Return to previous page