We are proud to partner with United Way chapters across the country to strengthen the communities where we live, work and play. By assessing the areas of greatest need within our neighborhoods and applying fundraising dollars toward specific programs that best address these needs, the United Way focuses the efforts of many local philanthropic initiatives toward a common goal of improving the overall health and stability of our communities. Because of this, we’re confident that our corporate and employee donations to the United Way are being maximized, since each funded program has undergone a rigorous vetting process which ensures contributions are used in ways that can demonstrate a measurable impact on the targeted areas of the community.
Annual United Way Campaign
Our internal United Way committee hosts an annual campaign that encourages employees to make a pledge to their local United Way chapter. We make pledging convenient for employees by offering payroll deductions or a one-time payment. Over the two-week campaign, employees participate in fun events (like a carnival, scavenger hunt, bingo, and more) and hear first-hand from people who have been touched by United Way funded programs.
100 Percent Corporate Donation Match
As a reflection of SRC’s commitment to the United Way, we match 100 percent of our employee’s donations to the United Way every year – more than $200,000 annually.
We’re proud to be the recipient of several accolades from local United Way chapters:
- 2014 Spirit of San Antonio
Crockett Award, United Way of San Antonio-Bexar County
- 2014 Spirit of Caring Award
Volunteer Service, United Way of Central New York
- 2013 Spirit of Caring Award
Professional Services/Gifts-in-Kind, United Way of Central New York
- 2012 Spirit of Caring Award
Leadership Development, United Way of Central New York
- 2011 Spirit of Caring Award
Campaign Volunteer of the Year, United Way of Central New York
"Step-up" Challenge Sponsor
We feel it’s important to lead, and encourage other companies to join us in supporting the United Way. As a grand prize sponsor of the United Way of Central New Yorks’s Step-Up Challenge, we encourage donors to begin pledging to United Way or “step-up” their annual campaign pledge by $1 each week.
Community Internship Program
Created in 2013, the SRC Community Internship Program gives children of SRC employees the opportunity to receive a paid summer internship (funded by SRC) with a local 501(c)3 organization. We partner with local United Way chapters across our locations to identify non-profits in need of interns and coordinate student placements. In the first two years of this program, approximately 50 students participated each summer - providing over 30,000 hours of service to 37 different agencies across the country.
We expected the program to be a success, but did not anticipate just how much of an impact it would have for so many students and organizations alike. Here are a few quotes we’ve received from participants.
- “This is one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. The level of fulfillment I gained from being able to work and give back to my community has really put me in a good place in life right now! I am happier now than when I began this internship and I have found a cause to champion in my community!”
– Tyler Albrect, Community Intern at Dakota Center
- “They were instrumental in providing the extra support to get projects that had been on the back burner for a long time completed. SRC interns were truly a gift to ACR.”
– Supervisor, ACR Health
- “I believe that this (internship) has been a PERFECT fit for her and she’s been thriving throughout the entire summer with the Salvation Army. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that SRC presented for my daughter”
– Laurie Copeman, SRC Employee & Intern Parent
Check out these news stories about the program: